Monday, November 30, 2009

29 weeks

No pics to post, just a short and quick update. I've been pretty busy lately - training a new employee at work so she is ready when I am on maternity leave, cleaning and getting the house ready for a new baby, working steadily on the nursery so it is ready to fill with furniture and baby necessities, and the list goes on and on.

I had another appointment last Wednesday. They did an ultrasound to check on baby's growth. He was weighing in at 3lbs, 2ozs and is right on target in size. I got to have the lovely glucose test where you drink the thick syrupy gunk and I am happy to report I passed!!! I was so excited and thankful for that. This appt was also a little eye opener that this is really happening and we are only 11 weeks away from meeting our son (give or take a little, of course). The doctor told us it was time to start thinking about pediatricians and to get pre-registered at the hospital. He also gave me my official traveling restrictions for the holidays. I won't get to travel to my hometown since it is further away than he wants me to be at that stage - so it looks like most everyone will have to come to me this year. I'm not complaining. I do get tired of the lengthy travels every year.

I have my first baby shower this Saturday and I am super excited! I hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving and a wonderful week! I will try to post more often :)

1 comment:

MommaJen said...

awesome! glad you are doing so well! the time will go fast - enjoy your last weeks together as a couple!!!