Friday, December 12, 2008

Decorating for Christmas

This is my favorite time of year. Here are some pics of my house decorated for Christmas. These are only a few...I'll post more next week. I decorate to the MAX :) I put up all the decor myself including the lights. Except this year, my sis helped me put up and decorate the tree.

This is the front of our house (if you couldn't tell). The lights hanging in the windows are a Santa, a candy cane and a candlestick on a tray. The front porch has a wooden Santa and a Snowman, but those are hard to see --
One of my favorites; a handmade, handpainted ceramic nativity scene made by my Gma who passed away when I was 10. It is so large - it takes up the entire top of our entertainment center --

Our fireplace and mantel; we have a large fireplace in the corner of our living room in a quarter circle shape. Its kinda strange with dark brick and very hard to decorate --

Our Tree - I have a theme with my ornaments; gold, silver, pearl and red. Its in our dining room in front of the bay window...and it even has a train under it (also ceramic made by Gma) --

Have a great weekend bloggers!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Beautiful tree!

Emily said...

All the decorations are great! I can't wait until I have the space (and motivation) to decorate!