Monday, June 15, 2009

Chillin' at the River

We had a family day at the Blanco River to celebrate the May-June-July family birthdays, which is quite a few. My step-sis and her hubby live a mile from the river so we hung out in and around the water for a couple of hours then headed back to their house for some yummy brisket sandwiches, sopapilla cake and 7 layer dip.
My step-dad, mother (May bday), and step-bro-in-law; my step-sis hiding behind him in the cap...
My brother with the adorable baby E...
My step-bro-in-law again with my sis' hubby (July bday)...
My bro's girlfriend (June bday), my bro, sis and my hubby (June bday; he was so bored - he couldn't get in the water b/c of his foot)...
and the adorable Baby E - she is not so much a baby anymore b/c she will be 2 in August. She was the highlight of our day. She kept us all entertained. My mom was getting her to say all of our names. She did a pretty good job with some and not so good with others - me included. Everytime someone said Lacey, she would say WiiWii (weewee - I refuse to use this spelling; I like the video game spelling better or maybe a French spelling would work too) It was adorable, so I just said okay, I am Aunt WiiWii.

My step-sis-in-law was the other June bday but I didn't get any pics of her and my step-bro. She just had a baby in April, so they did not join us at the lake. We had a great time...but that was enough family time for a while.

No comments: