Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Seeing Double

Wow! I'm not even sure where to begin. Hubby and I have been TTC for the past 2 years. I had two miscarriages in 2007 and since January have had 5 rounds of hormone therapy. Well, several weeks ago, I had a wonderful surprise with a BFP pregnancy test. We only told a few select people because we wanted to see/hear the heartbeats before sharing with everyone. So, the past few weeks we were anxiously awaiting my first ultrasound, which was yesterday. Hubby was working nights and there was no way he was going to be able to make the appointment, so I went alone! I was so nervous and scared. So as I laid there on the table, the ultrasound tech says "Can I tell you something?" I didn't think anything of it until she said...

TWINS

That's right!!! There are two little babies in there. They are doing great. Yesterday, I was 7 weeks 2 days along and the babies were measuring 6 weeks, 1 day and 6 weeks, 2 days and the doctor said that was great! I saw their little heartbeats fluttering on the screen. It was so amazing, exciting and scary all at the same time. My next appointment in 4 weeks will be another ultrasound to hear the heartbeats and check their growth. My projected due date is February 22, 2010 however the doctor said anything after 34 weeks is great. So, now we begin our journey to parenthood x 2 - Yikes!!!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

YAHOO!!!! I know you are thrilled and so am I. Crazy, huh?!

MommaJen said...

Double blessings, double trouble, and DOUBLE LOVE! This will be an exciting adventure!!! It will be awesome! (and a little exhausting!)

Emily said...

Like I said before, I'm sooooo happy for you guys! I can't believe you heard the news by yourself! Too bad he couldn't be there with you. It will be lots of fun!

ELM said...

Wow congratulations :) I am so happy for you both. Sorry I wont be there to see them but I'll be watching the blog for info and updates. Love EL

Sara said...

Oh, Lacey, your post brought tears to my eyes!! I am so very happy for you. I understand what you've been through, and your blog post was so similar to my story that it is uncanny!! All I can say is wow! I'm glad to have someone to share the road to twindom with! Congratulations! Can't wait to talk to you! What was your husband's reaction?!?

Unknown said...

I know that we've only met a couple of times, but I saw your blog post (via Jenn's) and am very happy for you! Congratulations!!