Wednesday, December 9, 2009

1st Baby Shower

Warning - Picture Overload!!! I had such a wonderful shower this past Saturday in San Antonio. I had a great turnout despite the miserable weather the day before and the below freezing temperatures early that morning. I received so many awesome gifts and can't wait to put them away in the nursery (which should be complete in the next few days). They are currently scattered amongst other rooms of the house :)
Here is a little picture story from the day...
The baby book given to me for memories, etc - it matches the nursery perfectly!
With my two awesome hostesses - best friend on the left and sister on the right.
An awesome two layered marble cake - it was delicious!
Closeup up of a little fondant elephant; there was also a zebra and monkey.
The diaper cake my best friend made - its so cute I don't want to take it apart.
An extra they had made to match the invitations - candy wrappers.
My little helper and niece, Emma. She is an absolute angel. She kept everyone entertained while helping me open my gifts. Check out her excitement and the expressions on her face with every gift I opened.
Helping move opened gifts to another area - I think it might outweigh her.
Her favorite gift we opened, a stuffed elephant!
This was the dining room table at my brother's where I consolidated all the gifts so they could all come home with me.
And last but not least, the front and rear view of my SUV - loaded to the max!
I am so blessed with wonderful friends and family and overwhelmed by the amount of stuff needed to take care of a baby! I am very much looking forward to my 2nd shower in a little over 4 weeks ;)

1 comment:

MommaJen said...

how fun! what a wonderful day for you!