Thursday, December 17, 2009

Friend's Baby Shower

I'm pictured here with my good friend Ashley. She is having a little girl and is due 2 weeks before me. We took this picture at her shower; its hard to see my belly because of the dark shirt I was wearing but sizewise her belly is one toilet paper square bigger than me. They played "guess the number of toilet paper squares it will take to wrap around the belly" game so of course we had to measure mine as well just for curiosity sake.


This is the card I made for her...

and this is the banner I made for her. The full view of her name didn't turn out very well, but there are some closeups that look alot better. I used the colors of her nursery and she loved it. I hope she can find a cute place to hang it.
One last note about my friend Ashley...she developed preeclampsia (sp?) and has been put on bed rest for the remainder of her pregnancy. She has to lie down most of the time only sitting upright or standing for about 5 minutes at a time. She has been journaling her pregnancy on a blog, however hasn't updated in a few weeks. You can follow her story here (Ashley's blog). My prayers are with you Ashley as you complete the last 6 weeks of your pregnancy.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Well I'm not sure if you'll see this, but....

Isn't it interesting how life has a way of changing in a moment. Who would have thought things would have worked out how they have in the past 24 hours?

So glad everyone is doing good.