Monday, October 20, 2008

Jam Packed Weekend

In my post on Friday, I summarized my busy weekend plans. Well, for the most part, it was just the way I described except...for running errands on Friday after work. My husband calls me shortly before I'm headed out of the office and asks me where all I am going on my errands? So, when I tell him HL, Michael's, BBB and LnT - he says "Do you mind taking my mom along with you?" So, you have to know that I'm a planner and I don't like my plans to change. Before running my errands, I wanted to have my map planned out so I wasn't driving back and forth allover town. I had allowed myself a certain number of minutes in each store because I knew I still had to bake when I got home. After I reluctantly agreed to take my MIL with me, I should have just thrown that list away! My 10 minute trip into Michael's took 20; my 15 minute trip into LnT took 45; my 10 minute trip into BBB took 35 - you get my drift! Not to mention I had to drive over by HL to pick her up from my BIL's house, just to drive back over the Michael's and LnT where I was just at!!!!!!! Oh, well. I guess it is what it is. We finally finished our errands 3 hours later and I dropped her back of at my BIL's. Then, she wanted to chat. No way, I still had to go to the grocery store. Long story short, my plan was demolished. I finally got back home at 8:45pm. I immediately began baking; still had to pack for the weekend; had to get up early for the birthing class (which will be a whole other post in itself) and I think I crawled in bed at 1:30am. Needless to say, I started my weekend exhausted and I remained that way through the entire time. I pulled back into my driveway at 10:45 last night - and yep, still had to unload the car. Whoah! I never thought I would be wishing for Monday to arrive so I could go back to work. Wait, what did I just say? Am I going crazy? I don't think I really meant that. I don't like coming to work on Mondays :) I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a wonderful week!

3 comments:

Emily said...

That's funny! nothing like a man to ruin a woman's plan!

MommaJen said...

wow, I'm exhausted now too! hope the reunion was fun!

Jenn Greeley said...

What! He should have known better (me shaking my head). Girl, you must still be tired.